Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 6 - October 12

Hey everyone! this week has been a busy one for sure! it has been fun but stressful being in a new area! I cant wait until I know the area more but we were able to see many miracles this week and just have a good time! Sister Lampinen is super cute and we are getting along great! she is breaking out of her shell which is nice!

I wanted to share with you all something that I was able to learn from conference and that has been on my mind a lot lately.
I loved watching conference and I was able to learn many things from it. my favorite session was the Sunday afternoon. I loved Elder Scotts talk and how straight to the point he was. this talk has been on my mind as well as a few other things. I thought I would take some time and tell you all the things that I was able to learn.
Before conference I was able to think and prepare some questions I would like answered during conference. one of them was when I go home I don't want to go back to my old habits but how can I make sure that I still apply the things I have learned out here? Elder Scotts talk answered it perfectly. we need to focus on the basic things and make sure our foundation is strong. when our foundation is strong we will be able to endure anything! ( Hel 5:12)
In my personal study I was reading a talk by Elder Holland called The Atonement and Missionary Work. this talk is super good and one of my favorites but anyways there is a part that talks about our study time we get as missionaries and how important it is. he says,
"Presidents, encourage your missionaries to study the scriptures conscientiously and become familiar with those passages that teach and testify of Christ's redeeming mission. I have said to missionaries all over the world that they make or break their mission from 6:30 to 9:30 in the morning. there are lots of reasons for that, not the least of which is simple obedience to mission rules, but one of the great reasons is that this is when they get to study the gospel and nothing will so touch their hearts and stir their souls like the truths of which we have been speaking. In their companionship study and individual study they become 'GOD'S INVESTIGATORS' in those morning hours it is the studious, prayerful missionary who receives the Father's record of the Son, borne with fire and the Holy Ghost to the heart of the missionary. later in they day, it can then be to the heart of the investigator."
We need to search and study our scriptures. This is how God speaks to us. My testimony had increased because I study my scriptures daily and I see the many blessings that come from it. I love this gospel with all my heart.

now for my weekly update :)

Oct 6- one crazy move in day! Its so crazy that I am here in the desert! I hated saying bye to all my friends at transfer meeting but excited to start in a new area and meet new people! We did our normal p-day routine and then that evening we had dinner at the Capps. they are a super nice family and I think will end up being one of my favorites in this ward! They have a daughter who just left on a mission to Chicago so they love us sisters! :)

Oct 7- We had district meeting which was interesting cause most of our people were gone so we had the meeting with the zone leaders and the Village sisters and elders haha it was still really good. We then cleaned the church building and then we got to take the elders truck for 3 hours! we get their truck for 6 hrs a week so we can go and visit some people who we are working with in their area which we cant bike to. I was super excited to drive it!! haha We went and saw Ann who is a less active and then we visited the Wilcoxs but we only chatted with sister Wilcox cause brother Wilcox wasn't home and he is the less active one but oh well we still had a good visit with her. We then went to our investigator and recent convert families home the Cophers. Man that is one crazy household for sure!! Carlos is an investigator well kind of he is 7 but his parents aren't members so that is what makes him a part investigator and he is so cute!! His sisters just got baptized a few months ago so we go and have lessons with all of them. Their grandma is a less active and the parents want nothing to do with the church. It is really fun teaching kids though! We then had to give the truck back so we got our bikes and visited Sonya another less active but she wasn't home. We then went to dinner at the Ridings. She is the primary president and is super nice. it was just her cause the rest of the family was in good old Utah. After dinner we went to Sister Kile's home to have a lesson with her. she is a less active that we have been teaching. she loves family history work so we are helping her to be able to get back to the temple so she can do her own family names. We ended the night have language study. this is a new one for me! She just reads aloud or to herself while I can have my own personal study or I update the area book but its kind of a nice way to wind down.

Well that was a short little update haha but I am running out of time so I will continue this next week! I did have a great week and I love you all so much! Thanks for all of your love and support! Have a wonderful week!

Love Sister Johnson

16 month pictureat the valentine's home farm! 





milking a goat! yep I did it!! never thought I would be doing that on my mission haha

the desert....Apple Valley


wind blown hair hahamy new companion Sister Lampinen

the truck I get to drive!!

the copher kids! they are one crazy bunch!Carlos is the one who is dressed up as a girl. he wanted to show us haha

No comments:

Post a Comment