Saturday, February 1, 2014

Christmas Week!

This week has had its ups and downs. I was able to chat home on Christmas which was amazing!! It was so great seeing my family and talking with them. I understand why they only let us do that twice a year because saying bye was the worst!! The day after was a tough one as well! It was hard because we didn't have many appointments to keep us busy the day after so we both were super homesick but we tried to stay as busy as we could. Sister Edwards then got sick for a few days so we took it easy and publicly wrote in our journals at parks so people could see us and approach us.

We had a few lessons with our Recent Converts this week. We helped Aneeka with being able to find a way that works for her to study her scriptures. She wants to mark them all up but doesn't know how to so we were able to help her know what to do. Diana we taught the recent convert portion of the Plan of Salvation so we taught her about the premortal life and temple work and family history. She is super excited to go to the temple and do family names! We also had about an hour discussion with Andrew her husband about questions he had. That went really well, we were excited about that.
Last night we went to a Pentecostal church with a potential investigator. We met her a few weeks ago and she invited us to come and check out her church and she said she will come to one of our services as well. Courtney was very nice and friendly and made us feel welcomed the whole time. It was really loud and a lot of Amen being shouted. It was a good experience to have for sure. She said she wants us to talk with the youth group they have because what we are doing is so cool. We are excited to do that and hopefully new investigators will come from it!
I am so grateful to be out here serving. This christmas was amazing because I was able to truly focus on the true meaning of CHRISTmas. I missed home but I felt everyones love and prayers for me. Thank you so much for all the love and support everyone has given me. Thank you also for the mail i received I loved everything I got!!
Sorry this email is a little strange this week. I don't have much time to write today because our normal area we email from is closed and many missionaries are coming to the same place to email.
Love you all!! 
Love Sister Megan Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment