Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Week 6

Alright, this week is going to be a little different. I am just going to update you on my investigators and not by days. I think that won't take as long. Thank you so much for those who wrote me and sent me emails. Mail is the best thing a missionary can get! This past week for me wasn't an easy week. I realized that I am on a mission and that I won't be home anytime soon which was hard but I don't let that stuff get me down. That is why I love letters to hear about everyone and what they are doing because you know me, I hate missing out on things.

So, this Friday I had an amazing experience because I had my first baptism! Aneeka Over who is 21 was able to get baptized. We spent all day with her on Friday because we had to help her with the under garments she needed and she had a surprise interview with the mission president. The night before was a rough night for her and I was so thankful that we were there to help her through it all. She had her interview with one of the elders for her baptism and there was something that was brought up that the elder didn't really know how to handle so they just wanted to make sure she was okay by meeting with Pres. Hobbs. Of course she thought that the baptism wasn't going to happen and was in tears. But we were able to comfort her and she wanted us sisters to be with her when she had her interview. She came out of that interview so ready to be baptized. Pres Hobbs said if she wasn't ready he doesn't think anyone would be. I felt the Spirit so strong there and knew this is the reason I am out serving. I am doing it for people like her who are looking to change their lives for the better. We were also able to go to the YSA ward for her confirmation which was neat to be there too. It was so strange being in a YSA ward on my mission though haha. I lover her so much and we are going to keep in touch. I will send pictures of her and the baptism as soon as I can.

On Tuesday the 30th we were able to meet with Loraine. We were able to have a member there with us. Sister Wach was able to meet her and get to know her on a friendship level and we thought that would be good for her to have at this time. We want 3 kinds of members to come to lessons with us. We need a friend, a pusher, and a teacher. So Sis Wach was her friend. We were able to set a baptism date for Aug 24 and she was super excited and wrote it down. We are actually going to have to change that since she didn't make it to church last week so we prayed yesterday about it and think that Sept 14 will be a better day. We are hoping to meet with her this Wednesday and bring other members along. The hardest thing for her is coming to church! NO ONE WANTS TO COME TO CHURCH!!!! You can see how frustrating that makes me. If they go at least once they usually come back and want to be there.

Brandon and Jessica have been pretty hard this past week. They canceled both appointments we had with them because Brandon was sick. So one night we dropped by and caught them right before they went inside the house. Brandon was super sick so we offered him a Priesthood blessing but he didn't care to have one at that time. He is the one who is listening to us because Jessica is but is finding out that he has questions about it for himself. They didn't come to church either or to Aneeka's baptism because Aneeka personally called all of our investigators and invited them and bore her testimony to them and none of them came!! Oh well, it's on the Lord's time clock not mine. But anyways, we were able to meet with them for a little bit this morning and found out a concern Jessica had about baptism because she is 3 months pregnant. All of the dots connected at that moment when she told us this. I had no clue how to handle this so Sister Miles stepped in and said everything would be alright. She still can get baptized but she will need to get married to Brandon which they already said they have been planning but we will still talk to our mission pres about everything. She felt so great after that. She is so ready to learn about this gospel and to live by it. We set up another appointment with them on Wednesday so I will keep you all posted! I am so grateful to be out here doing the Lord's work. I am thrilled that I get to meet so many kinds of people and have so much love for every single one of them. I love you all so much and thank you for the support and prayers you send my way!

Love,
Sister Johnson
             Megan
Aneeka's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment