Friday, June 7, 2013

Its Here!!!

April 3, 2013

I woke up this morning knowing that today could be the day my call comes. I have waited 2 weeks and it felt more like 2 months. I had school that morning and it wasn't really a good idea to go because I couldn't focus on anything. I came home and I looked to see if the mail came yet. Nope, it didn't so I still had hope. I got smart after the third time of checking and decided to put the flag up on the mailbox so I would know if it came or not. I was talking with my Dad on the phone and he told me he was able to get Jazz tickets for that night's game. I reminded him that I could get my call today and he told me, "Nah, I doubt it will come today". After that phone call I walked past the window where I can see the mailbox from and the flag was down. My heart dropped. I opened the door and ran out to the mailbox. I took a big deep breath before opening the mailbox. I opened it and there it was the big white envelope. I screamed so loud I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me. I ran inside to my Mom, Morgan, and Bailey who were in the family room. I jumped up and down and their jaws dropped. I then started to cry because this is the time when it felt so real that I have made this commitment to serve the Lord. I then got on the phone with my Dad and told him he couldn't go to the Jazz game. He didn't believe me at first and wanted me to take a picture of it. He was really happy for me but a little disappointed that he couldn't go to the Jazz game. The phone calls started, letting everyone know to meet at my house that night at 7. The scrambling began soon after that.
By 6pm, with everything done, we were all just waiting for the time to go by. We decided to take many pictures before my friends and family began to show up.

Finally everyone was here who were coming and they made their guesses on the maps I hung up. I went into my parents room and said a quick prayer to ease my mind before I opened my call. I wanted to go somewhere cool but saying the prayer helped me remember what I was really doing. I wasn't doing this to travel I was doing this to teach people about the gospel. I came out and was ready to open my call! We made sure everyone was one the phone who couldn't physically be there with me. I started to open my envelope while waiting for them to be ready. I haven't ever been so shaky in my life. Everyone got quite and waited for me to flip it over. I decided to do the method of flipping my call over and reading it line per line with the envelope on top so I couldn't cheat and read it before I started speaking. I couldn't believe that I was having this moment.

I took a big deep breath and started reading it. I was doing really well with not crying until I saw where I was going. I was going to California. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was a little disappointed because I wanted to go somewhere I haven't been before. I then quickly realized that this is where the Lord needs me. Someone in California needs to hear my testimony. I was then really excited to go to California! My mom's prayers were answered that is for sure. She prayed that I would go somewhere close and safe I always say I blame her for that haha. We were all shocked that I was leaving so soon because we were thinking I probably wouldn't leave until the end of July or sometime in August. I am happy now that it was a short wait because it just want to leave and go serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment