Monday, December 22, 2014

Final Email being a Missionary :( December 22

I am feeling many emotions today and I probably will be for the next few weeks. It doesn't seem real that I will be home next week. Of course I am thrilled to see my family and friends but I will miss all of the ones I have met out here. One of the good things about serving close to home is being able to come back and visit many times!
I am beyond grateful that I was given the opportunity to serve a mission and that I acted in faith to go. Many of you know that I never thought or wanted to go on a mission but I am so happy that i was given this experience, I wouldn't trade it for anything! Many people say missions are hard. I can say that I completely agree and understand! Elder Holland says it perfectly, "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation was never easy... why would we believe, why would we think, that it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him?" He then goes on and talks about how we will walk some of the path that He walked and feel some of the pain He felt and even shed one of the tears that He shed. This is true, I know it is because I have felt this way throughout the last 18 months. I am grateful for the trials and hard times because it brought me closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. The Atonement carried me when all I wanted to do was give up and stop walking. He will do this for all of us if we allow Him. I know God loves us and knows the desire of our hearts. He wants us to come unto Him. I have been blessed to teach this message to many people, it has brought me pure joy seeing others accept this message and truly come to Him. I know it doesn't have to stop just because I have to take off the name tag. I will always be a representative of Jesus Christ and share this wonderful message of hope and peace to all I meet. I love this gospel with all my heart and I know without a doubt that it is true! 
See you all soon! :) 
Love Sister Johnson



Thanks ward!! :)

Saying bye to Sister Dunford at the Christmas Devotional

some of the missionaries i came out with plus some photo bombers

some of the zone haha 

Elder Fernando and King :)

Elder Rentriea and Smith

Elder Bowman

Elder Fernando, Rudolph, King and sisters Riley and Bushman

Elder Shumway and Baker

another pic of the people we came out with!

Sister Lampinen and I :) At the Mission Christmas Devotional 

Debbie one of our investigatorsShe came to a Stake Christmas Concert! 

Our zone gingerbread house making contest!!

Sister Lampinen and I :) 

me being my crazy self :)

Ugly Sweater Zone Party!!

our master piece :)

The District in the Big Bear chapel 

Describes the missionaries in our ward! gotta love our ward mates :/ haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment