Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sept 7-15

Hello! It has been fun reading all of the emails and I am so happy to hear that you are all staying busy and are happy! Hearing all of this puts me at ease and lets me know that everything is great at home even thought I am not there.

This week has felt like a long week. I don't like not having a P-day. It just doesn't flow right. This week has been good and has had it's hard times. I am just really nervous about transfers and getting stressed about it all but I know that whatever I am faced with I can do it. Because the Lord is ALWAYS with me and won't give me any challenges I can't handle.

Sept 7- So for companion study, since we have the four of us, because we gained Sister Morones for a little bit, we split off into two and prepared a lesson and taught each other because we still don't have people to teach which is hard. But, I need to learn how to teach somehow so that is what we have been trying to do.

Sept 8- We had our typical meetings but I was able to sit out of ward council yay!!! because we didn't need four of us in there. I am happy I missed that one. For sacrament it was the Primary Program and that was just amazing! The primary here is half the size as it is at home. Later that night we did practice lessons with two families from our ward. It was good practice and I realize that I have a lot of room for improvement but hey at least I am trying but sometimes it really gets me down. Satan usually kicks us when we are down so I am trying not to let it get to me.

Sept 9- It was strange not having a P-day today. I didn't like it but I did get my package and that made it A LOT better! Thank you so much for that! It was great except are you trying to get me fat?! haha. We had more practice lessons and it was an overall good day. Oh that morning Sister Morones was transferred to Upland so it is back to the threesome again!


Sept 10- This morning we had zone meeting instead of district meeting which I like a lot more! I like it because we are with our whole zone and get to learn from one another. During this zone conference we had to pick a spirit animal for our companions. Sister Heagy is a peacock and Sister Miles is a big mama bear and they chose a golden retriever for me. It was really funny. We also set goals as a zone and we decided to get 14 new investigators for the week. I hope our companionship can get at least one!

Sept 11- Today we focused on passing out our emergency prep activity flyers that our ward is hosting. It is something that we want non members to come to. Everyone can benefit from this activity and so far it has gotten a good response. We are excited about it and the members are as well and are planning on inviting their neighbors and friends. A miracle that happened was a part member family in our ward text us saying that the Julies the non members want to meet with us. We have been trying to set up a time with them when we first got into this area so we were stoked about it! We are meeting with them next Thursday.

Sept 12- Still passed out flyers and did our POS chalk drawings again at a few different parks which was fun. That night Sister Braby picked us up to help her decorate for a baby shower at her work. That was super fun and my kind of service. She then took us out to Denny's for dinner. It was a really fun night. We also were able to set up an appointment with another part member family in our ward that the ward council has been focusing on. We must be doing something right because we now have two families to teach!! Of course things start to pick up right before transfers but it's okay because is will give the other missionaries things to do. Oh, today was my 3 month birthday!! I can't believe I am 3 already and I am super happy about it because everyone says the first 3 months are the longest!

Sept 13- We weekly planned this morning and then we were able to go to the Keslers home and teach one of their friends. She lives in Upland so we will have to pass her to those missionaries but we can still follow up with her at their home. She is one of their son's nurses and has been for many years. They have been good examples and friends to her about the church and she started to ask questions and he said you know what? Let's have you meet the missionaries in our ward. They are super awesome and you will just love them. She was okay with that and we went over very casually and just sat and talked and answered any questions she had. At the end we invited her to take the missionary lessons and she said she would be interested! We were thrilled and so was the Kesler family.

Sept 14- We focused on flyers again and also sat at a park today and wrote thank you letters to members in our ward and we went and delivered those. Pres. Hobbs had the idea to go to a public place and just be seen because that will get people wondering about us. Us sisters have a harder time being seen since we are in a car when we go around to places, so we were excited to try it out.

Sept 15- We had our normal Sunday meetings. We went to church and our ward mission leader was released which we were happy about because he was too busy to have this calling. We were able to have dinner with our new ward mission leader and I think he will do great! He is a bit nervous but once he gets the hang of things he will be able to make things happen in this ward. That night we were able to go to the Bishop's home and continue with our practice lessons. We taught the POS which was rough but their older daughter was visiting who is a RM and she and sister Miles taught. It was awesome to see because we were able to see different teaching styles and I was able to learn a lot!

Over all this week was great! I am sad that this is my last week with my comps but I am excited to see who my next one will be. Both of my comps think that I will be staying in this ward but will be training. I think I could do that because I love the people in this ward. It is a very slow and hard ward to be in but things are picking up. I don't know if that is what the Lord wants me and needs me to be but who knows. I will know by next Monday if I will be staying in this area and if I will be training so I will let you all know.

I love you all so much and miss you like crazy! Keep the letters coming and I will write you all this week!

Love,
Sister Johnson




Third Month Down



Decorating for baby shower with Sister Braby

No comments:

Post a Comment